New Life Church looks forward to the day when this pandemic is totally behind us and we can all feel comfortable and safe to return to church as a unified body in one physical space. However, for now we will offer the opportunity to experience a meaningful, spirit-filled worship time in three different formats.
Please be sure to read the “Service Description” of the two “In-Person” services. It is important that you know what to expect at each service so you can choose the option that you find most comfortable in order to experience a meaningful encounter with the Lord. Regardless of which in-person service you choose, doors will be open to provide air circulation, plus care will be taken to make the service as “touch free” as possible (entrance doors, offering plates, etc.). Regardless of which option you choose for worship, the message and the songs (as much as possible) will be the same.
Phase 1 – Three Options for Sunday Worship
1. Online Worship Service (Continue to view the pre-recorded service at home.)
- Sunday’s Service will continue to be pre-recorded and released for presentation at 10:30 am Sunday mornings at nlcfamily.online.church.
- While this option is available to anyone, we especially encourage any individuals who are more susceptible to Covid-19 (older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions), to exercise this option.
2. In-Person Worship Service (Gym)
- Where – Gymnasium
- Worship Time – 10:30 am
- Service Description - While we recognize that people within our church have different comfort levels, we continue to be concerned for the health and safety of all members of our church family and visitors. As such, we encourage people attending this service to wear masks (however, it is optional) and to social distance by family units or those with whom you are comfortable. Both the musical worship and the preaching will be live.
3. In-Person Worship Service (Sanctuary)
- Where – Sanctuary
- Worship Time – 8:30 am
- Service Description - This service is intended for those who are most comfortable exercising as much caution as possible. Masks are required (in case you forget to bring one, we will have a limited supply available). Seating in the sanctuary will be in accordance with social distancing guidelines. We will watch/listen to the prerecorded musical worship. We request that congregational singing be limited to singing softly beneath your mask…our mighty Lord will hear you loud and clear! Pastor Ronnie will deliver the message live.
Those planning to attend either service at the church building are encouraged to register weekly online. This will give us an idea of how many people plan to attend, so we can be sure to prepare adequate seating in the gymnasium. (Click here to register for the 10:30 am service in the gym.) Additionally, we will need to ensure we have sufficient seating capacity in the sanctuary. This capacity will vary based on the number of family seating groups versus “single” seating requests. (Click here to register for the 8:30 am service in the sanctuary.)
Below you will find general information that applies to both types of services being held at the church. Following the general information, you will find specific information for each of the “In-Person” services.
- Nursery is not being provided during this phase of NLC’s reopening.
- Children’s classes are not being provided during this phase of NLC’s reopening.
- Coffee, beverages and/or breakfast foods will not be available during this phase of NLC’s reopening.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available on the tables in both service locations.
For sanctuary attendees:
- Sanctuary service attendees will only have access to the sanctuary, lobby and front restrooms. All other areas of the church building will be off limits.
- Sanctuary service attendees will park at the front of the church or the upper end (driveway entrance end) of the side lot by the children’s wing.
- Sanctuary service attendees are required to wear masks upon entering the building.
- Sanctuary service attendees will enter and exit through the double glass doors at the front of the church only. The doors will be propped open for touchless entry/exiting.
- Sanctuary service attendees will enter the sanctuary through the double doors only. The doors will be propped open for touchless entry/exiting.
- A sheet with the sermon notes will be available on the table in the lobby.
- Sanctuary service attendees will practice social distancing by having four (4) chairs on either side of each family or single person and two (2) empty rows of chairs in front of and behind them.
- Offering plates will be available on the table in the lobby for use upon arrival or after the service.
For gym attendees:
- Gym service attendees will only have access to the gym, The Gathering Place and applicable restrooms. All other areas of the church building will be off limits.
- Gym service attendees will park in the rear parking lot or the side lot closest to the gym.
- There will be three (3) designated handicapped parking spaces by the gym doors.
- Gym service attendees will enter and exit the building through the gym doors only (the double steel doors closest to the driveway at the corner of the building). Weather permitting, these doors will be propped open for touchless entry/exiting.
- Gym service attendees wishing to practice social distancing will pick up placards with an “X” from the table that they may place on the chairs on either side of themselves or their family so that other attendees do not sit on those chairs. You will need four (4) placards to equal six (6) feet.
- Sheets with the words to the songs and sermon notes will be available on the table between the gym doors.
- Offering plates will be available on the table between the gym doors for use upon arrival or after the service.