Student Ministries Pastor
New Life Church, where Jesus and His Word are exalted, is located in New Cumberland in south central Pennsylvania and has been influencing this region for Christ since 1975. It is a place where people can be real, can search for meaning and fulfillment found only in Jesus Christ, and can make a difference in the world around us. Our focus is encouraging people to belong, become more like Christ, move beyond themselves, and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
New Life Church is looking for a self-motivated, energetic follower of Christ with a heart for the next generation. This is a full-time position with room for personal and professional growth for a candidate who has a definite call into ministry and has a humble, teachable servant’s heart. Our mission is to introduce Middle School and High School students to Jesus, help them follow Him, and be intentional in reaching others for Christ. The ideal candidate would partner with parents, families, and our ministry team to help these students meet and follow Jesus effectively.
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for the ministry and discipleship of students from Middle School through High School. The role also carries the responsibility to reach out to the unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them with the work of the church. The Student Ministries Pastor will be responsible for developing relationships with students, their parents, and adult leaders within the ministry. They are to be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in theology, Biblical studies, student ministry, OR a Biblical studies certificate from a Bible institute with an emphasis in student ministry.
- Possess sound beliefs and doctrine, moral character beyond reproach, and godliness in conduct.
- Have a vision and passion for reaching the next generation.
- Have a proficient understanding of the challenges and needs of young people today.
- Possess a distinct calling to student ministry and an evident love of young people.
- Have the ability and experience in leading someone to Christ and discipling young people.
- Have creativity in designing new and innovative ways for students to learn about life in Jesus Christ and the value of a vibrant faith in Him.
- Be spiritually disciplined and have a growing spiritual life outside of ministry.
- Have the ability to work well with teens, parents, volunteers, and church leadership.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing your passion for student ministry and your qualifications to:
New Life Church
Attn: Student Ministries Pastor Search
530 Big Spring Road
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Or by email to: